Saturday, May 5, 2007

Welcome, chickadees!

Welcome! This is a fun little site dedicated to Fargo, North Dakota (and by extension, its sister city, Moorhead, Minnesota).

I began writing about Fargo-Moorhead in the fall of 2006 for my college newspaper, The Concordian. As soon as they get it online, you can search the issues in the Archives, or on The Concordian website.

However, since the column was called "Downtown Hotspots," I was necessarily limited to downtown Fargo-Moorhead. Which was frustrating sometimes, because there are cool places out of the downtown area, too!

So yes, posts will be arranged as reviews, historical vignettes, fun facts, etc. You get the idea.

This is also to collect fun links about Fargo (and Moorhead) together in one place.

The Insider's Guide is for natives, tourists, visitors, college students, adults, retirees, high school students, and pretty much anyone else interested enough to read it. Except for maybe people writing research papers. I doubt your professors/editors would like it very much if you cited a blog, however much I have a degree in History.

Anyway, once I get things up and running, enjoy!

No comments: